Paleo Superfood Cookies
These chunky bites of goodness, are as always, EASY to make, nourishing and damn right yummy... What more do you want in life?
ALMOND COOKIES WITH CACAO, CHIA + CURRANTS
Prep time: 15 minutes | Cook time 10-15 mins |
Serves: around 25 cookies (depending on how big you like them!)
- 1 1/4 cup almond meal
- 3/4 cup of teff flour [sub for coconut flour or almond meal if preferred]
- 1/4 cup chopped dates or goji berries [optional yum]
- 1/4 cup cacao nibs
- 1/2 cup shredded coconut (unsweetened)
- 1 tsp baking powder [if you don't mind flat cookies, can skip this!]
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon Himalayan salt
- 1/4 cup of maple syrup
- 1/2 cup chia gel* (1 tbsp chia seeds + 1/2 glass of filtered water //mix and allow to gel up for 10 mins--- lazy? Skip and just add 1.5 tbsp chia seeds dry)
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup of organic currants
- In a large mixing bowl, mix together all dry ingredients
- In a separate bowl, mix maple syrup with coconut oil, vanilla, and chia gel (or chia seeds straight up for the lazy ones!]
- Combine dry and wet ingredients into the same mixing bowl
- Chill in the fridge for 25- 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 C).
- Scoop med-big spoonfuls of mixture onto a baking sheet with about 1-inch space in between each. Press down slightly to flatten a bit -- if you like flat cookies...
- Bake until edges begin to brown, 10-15 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and let cool before serving, er, eating... ;-)