Sweet Potato Pizzaaaaaaa
Pizza on a cleanse? Why not.
OK, so it may not be the cheesy kind of pizza you are perhaps used to, but we promise it's a delicious compromise (plus thankfully it's still doughy!). Oh, and obviously it's super c l e a n, paleo, grain-free, dairy-free, sugar-free etc etc [basically, all the body-loving stuff].
- 2 cups roughly chopped sweet potato [1-2 medium sweet potatoes]
- 1 1/2 cups almond meal [sub for Teff flour if avoiding nuts]
- 1 egg [sub for flax egg if vegan]
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- pinch Himalayan salt
- Pre-heat the oven to 350F [around 180C]
- Steam the sweet potato until nice and soft, then mash it up! [That's the fun part!]
- In a large mixing bowl, mix all the dry ingredients together. Make a 'well' in the middle and add in the wet ingredients & mashed sweet potato. Mix well, then combine with the dry ingredients to create a dough.
- Roll the dough into a ball, and place in the fridge to cool down a bit [around 15 minutes. This makes the dough easier to roll].
- Roll the dough into the best pizza-like shape you can [I used a little dash of almond meal and some baking paper on top of the dough to roll it out and prevent it from sticking to everything!] -- I went for the 'rustic' look.
- ANYTHING YOU WANT ;-)
- 1 onion sliced and sautéed
- 2-3 cloves of garlic [vampire killer level]
- 1 sliced tomato [if avoiding nightshades, sub for some dark leafy greens, hello kale!]
- fresh rosemary [sub basil and/or oregano]
- 1/4 cup of cashew cheese** [I subtracted the water to create a more crumbly mix-- but if creamy cheese floats your boat, roll with that]
- Lightly sauté the onion with a dash of coconut or olive oil and 1 tbsp of sunflower seeds and shredded kale leaves. Add garlic once the onion has browned, and turn off heat.
- Throw all the toppings on the pizza [if using tomato, just slice it fresh], add the sauté mix, fresh herb(s) and finally, CASHEW CHEESEEEEE.
- Put the pizza in the oven and wait patiently for 20-25 minutes-- until cooked through.
- Sprinkle MORE cashew cheese on (why not!?) and serve / eat-it-all !