Paleo Baby Fruit Mince Pies
SO MUCH DELICIOUSNESS.
These teeny baby mince pies, are not only raw, organic and GF -- they're also super delicious and pretty cute to boot! Enjoy xo
Makes: 12 – 24 baby pies (depending on size of muffin tin)
- 2 cups almonds / cashews (or use coconut to make nut-free)
- 1 cup desiccated coconut
- 2 tbsp melted coconut oil
- 1.5 cups OG medjool dates
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp himalayan salt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Place all ingredients in a food processor and blend until mixed (tip— blend the cashews first for 30 seconds)
- Press the mixture into muffin tray (grease with a little coconut oil to prevent from sticking or use cupcake holders) and then place in the freezer to set for 30 mins.
For the filling
- 3 grated apples or pears
- 1 cup OG Medjool dates (make sure to remove the stone!)
- 1/4 cup orange juice (add lots of zest for extra oomph!)
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp nutmeg
- 1 pinch himalayan salt
- 1 cup raisins
- Lemon rind
- 1 thump of ginger (or 1/4 tsp ginger powder)
- Set aside in a bowl to marinade for 2-4 hours (OPTIONAL)
- Grind all ingredients until they form a paste in your food processor.
- Fill each muffin case with a little of the mixture, then top with the cashew icing & garnish!
For the cashew icing
- 1 1/2 cups cashews
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice and zest
- Pinch of himalayan salt
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- Blend all ingredients in a high-speed blender until completely smooth.
- goji berries, lemon rind or nutmeg (or all three! why not?!)